Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CD 1


Ok, so my period started today.  Which means a few things.  One, it means that if you go with what the OPK said for May, it’s spot on, so the day I was supposed to have ovulated (May 5th) is the day I was supposed to have ovulated.  So this does mean that I am not an “outlier” – no early ovulation, no late ovulation, the OPKs are correct in detecting the surge. 

Next it means that this month is going to be a real nail biter, since I will now be out of town from CD 9-13.  Ugh.  This means no CD 10 ultrasound, and if I ovulate early (the Google jury is out as to whether Femara makes you ovulate early, late, or has no effect) I will miss this month and it will be ANOTHER WASTE.  This is especially heartbreaking when you consider I have a $160 bottle of Femara sitting in the medicine cabinet.  Do I take it and risk wasting it on a cycle when I’m out of town?  Do I not take it and risk trashing yet another cycle because if only I’d taken it I’d be able to proceed?

In checking my charts since December I see I’ve never ovulated earlier than Day 13, even when they were fake ovulations.  Usually I’m more of a Day 15-17 person.  But what if Femara pulls me up a few days? 

I put in a call an hour ago to my clinic to see what they suggest, I imagine we’ll come up with something tomorrow.  The last day I’m in town is CD 8 – maybe they’ll suggest doing an ultrasound that day, although that seems awfully early.  Worse comes to worst I could always zip back down to Seattle for a “procedure” if I needed to – it’s not like I’m flying to Europe, and I can happily use my miles for an expensive last minute flight.  But with things being so difficult to pinpoint I really don’t see that happening – why go through all that just to be told upon arriving that we missed it or it’s still too early?  No, the normal, sane thing to do would be to just accept that June is a loss and get over it.  But can you see how hard this is?

The only thing I can do is pray that a) I actually ovulate this month (after all, don’t forget the Femara might not actually work), b) I don’t get hyperstimulated, c) I ovulate day 14 or later.  If these three things happen, I’ll be fine.  One of them doesn’t work and I’m out.  Damn it, why couldn’t I have gotten my period just a couple of days later????

1 comment:

  1. Booooo for rotten timing. :(

    I hope the clinic can help you figure something out so you don't have to sit out this cycle. I've had follicle scans done as early as cd9, so maybe they could do a day 8 scan for you.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete