Monday, April 23, 2012

Mall outing

Today I attempted my first mall outing with baby. My goal was cute wedges and cute dresses. I scored neither, but it was not the baby's fault; I had one of my "I don't want to buy anything unless I'm in love with it" moments, which meant I bought nothing. Which in the long run is a good thing. I think the things I want can probably be gotten cheaper at a Target or Old Navy anyway.

My idea today was to try out the stroller that the car seat snaps into. And I did. And this is going to sound stupid but the first time I pushed that stroller with my baby in it is the first time I really felt like an actual mother. Not the first time I held him, not the first time I breast fed him - the first time I pushed a stroller in a mall on a nice sunny day with all the other mothers, just out looking for a pair of sensible shoes.

Unfortunately, he did not so much care for the stroller; the minute we entered the store he started screaming. Luckily I'd planned ahead and brought the carrier, so the rest of the day I carried him while pushing an empty stroller. A friend later pointed out that he's probably too young for it still but will love it later. So for now it's in the car. I hope someone doesn't break the back window and steal it.

So today at least my purse enjoyed riding around in the stroller.

2 comments:

  1. Elena went thru phases of loving & hating the stroller...one day she'd be happy as a clam, the next she'd scream bloody murder. She always loved the mall tho, so I guess I've birthed a little shopper, lol!

    Sorry you didn't have any success finding clothes but glad the outing went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand (well, sorta, at this point!) the whole not feeling like a mother until pushing a baby in a stroller thing. I have a feeling I may be similar in that sense. I still can't believe I"m pregnant, and I'm kind of waiting for it to "hit" me like that. Even though I feel her kicking all the time, and have quite a belly now. I'm glad you were able to have the experience though, to feel like a "real" mother, and to go to the mall with your baby. Good luck finding the shoes and clothes you need!

    ReplyDelete