Thursday, July 7, 2011

Shazzam!

You guessed it.  I currently have some broke college kid’s sperm swimming about in my nether regions. 

So I went in for the ultrasound and as usual they couldn’t really see anything – the follicles had collapsed already.  They said they did see actual evidence of rupture, however (it took me a minute to figure out that what they were saying was ovulation had in fact occurred, and I wasn’t just back to my old anovulatory ways), based on fluids.  The big question was how long had the egg been out…?

Based on the cramping I started having last night, and considering in June I had cramping a full 24 hours before the IUI and it worked, I decided to make the leap to just give IUI #3 a go.  So, came home, walked the dog, watched The Sopranos, and went back for the IUI.  It was $1100 with the ultrasound.  Honestly, I’ve blown $1100 on far dumber things than this, so I figured, what the heck?

Now I go to pick up the progesterone prescription I never ended up using because I miscarried, and this time I won’t stop using it until I know FOR SURE I’m not pregnant (read an article about stopping progesterone abruptly and how it might cause a spontaneous miscarriage…kind of haunted by that when I think of the three days I went without it last time…won’t be making that mistake again!), also will use the good tests so I can know earlier.  And guess what?  My first test will be on my 39th birthday.  Kind of a cool symmetry there. 

And if it doesn’t work we march on to August, and I’ll take the Femara for a little extra help.  Today I’m just grateful I got to try again, and so soon.  I’m glad I did – I have something to look forward to.  Interesting to see what our bodies do while we’re making other plans.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get knocked up by the "broke college kid!" Isn't it great that the whole donor IUI process can make us feel a little bit like a cougar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that timing worked well for you. I hope a BFP rings in your 39th B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

    ReplyDelete