Thursday, April 29, 2021

Sold!

Out of nowhere I got closing documents and money wire information for my desert property, so cash was sent and escrow has closed! I am now a derelict desert property owner!



I am continuing to reach out to contractors that all ignore me. Today I texted my old handyman who said he’s no longer in the business, but funnily enough, just finished rehabbing his (now) ex-wife’s tiny cabin in - guess what - Wonder Valley. He did to it pretty much what we want done to ours - basically, make it livable. Too funny. He said he’d chat with me over the weekend about it, but I’m going to guess he may have tips but won’t want to take on the job. La lucha continua.

I am in the process of setting up my event - I had a good chat with my new sound guy, and am getting ready to transfer last year’s people who requested it and have them verify their information. I still have a month to make a decision in case things turn around, but right now everything looks good. 

The local rec center announced that they are holding summer camp and would open registration at 9 AM the next day, so I got in and registered B & T for one week in June and two weeks in August. The two weeks might be taken up by school - we don’t have a fall start date yet - and all weeks in July are mostly taken up by camping trips I booked when I thought we wouldn’t have vaccines yet and there would be no dance event. My, how things have changed. So the kids will mostly be with me at home this summer, but I figure as long as I can have August to myself, I can get the work done I need to. Then next summer, atheist sleep away camp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment