Monday, April 26, 2021

Three big events - two down, one to go

So much of life right now is setting small goals and achieving them. For the last month I’ve had three big upcoming events; two are now done. The first was transitioning kids back to school. This one makes the most difference in my current every day life and routines.

The second will affect my future life. After waiting four months and a false start two weeks ago, this morning I logged on to the SBA website and submitted my application for the save our stages grant, after making it my full-time job for the last few days to prepare the necessary voluminous paperwork. I have never been so goddamned prepared for anything in my life - not moving to LA, not having a baby, not anything. I prepared a file folder of probably 60 documents - financial, social media related, contracts, stage plots, official paperwork, attestations, etc etc. I did monthly accounting for the 27 months required, including earned income vs gross earned income. I ran ticket reports. I learned how to convert a png file to a jpg file. I leaned into my terror of technology and figured out how to work an Authenticator app. I wrote a proposed budget. I found my “doing business as” filing from 1998. I tore the house apart for my business license, only to find it in the last place I looked - the safe. I read, annotated, and re-read the 57 page user guide. I had checklists of checklists. This grant can go any way - I may, or may not get it, no matter how well prepared or qualified I am. I just wanted to make sure I did the absolute best I could, and I believe I did. I nearly had a heart attack waiting for the portal to open this morning. But by 10 AM I was done. Now...we wait. 

In other good news, it looks like the seller of the desert property was smart in changing title companies; this one has cleared the “clouds” and it appears we’re moving forward to actual escrow which could still take another thirty days. I don’t know any of this for sure but it does appear we’ve removed the road blocks. So maybe by Memorial Day we’ll own this place free and clear...? And then do nothing with it until it cools down out there by October! 

The final of the three events is my final vaccine, which occurs a week from Wednesday. I am afraid of what it will do to me physically. It’s weird to think of volunteering yourself to become very sick for a few days. Or not! Even after that I have to wait two weeks to be really safe. But three weeks from Wednesday I can be mostly assured I will not get covid, or at least not get it enough to become very ill or die, which is better than what could happen with no vaccine. 

One step at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment