Saturday, February 5, 2022

Spring

Spring is coming this week. It’s going to be low to mid 80s starting Monday. I cannot wait. I feel like it’ll motivate me to get off my duff and be healthier. It appears my theory that I can eat what I want and not gain weight is, in fact, incorrect. I think I’ve gained two-three pounds since I wrote that. So, back to the drawing board. I may just go back to the 5:2 with the focus on healthier eating in general and see if I can at least drop a few. Sigh. La Lucha continua.

I had a very encouraging zoom meeting with a desert rental lady who also does bar set ups for events, and honestly I loved her so much that I pretty much want to just pay her whatever she asks. I am meeting with her, the caterer, and the wedding planner at the venue on the 23rd. This week I also obsessed over napkins, set up my honeymoon registry, updated my wedding website, got a notification that my dress ships on Tuesday, ordered cheap invites, and worked on picking a song to sing. I want to sing Evergreen because the F loves it and it’s corny as hell, and it’ll be unexpected. There’s still a ton to do, but I’m slowly getting there.

Theo made a diorama for his chosen animal, the Arctic Fox, entirely at school, and did very well. I’ve never before not helped kids with a diorama - it was weird sending him to school with a bag of supplies. But once again he showed me he’s capable of far more than I think. He turns eight in five weeks, and I intend to get him started doing his own laundry at that point. I also really want to get these kids making their own snacks and food - I’m way behind on this one - and want to start getting them walking home from school once daylight savings hits (on T’s birthday!). Things are happening.

No news on the cabin. We’re having a hard time finding a shipping container, the old contractor has ghosted us, and the new one won’t be able to start for weeks. I’ve put it out of my mind for now - it’s been such a rollercoaster with this place, always thinking we’re finally ready to think about it getting done, only to have all work stop for weeks or months; I finally moved my “to bring to cabin” pile up to the attic because I just couldn’t stand looking at it anymore. Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment