Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Doing the thing

First off, a huge phew for Warnock’s win last night! I watched the results come in with bated breath. Not that there were huge stakes this time, but still big enough to matter. We’ve gained a seat, which apparently hasn’t happened under these circumstances since 1934. Pretty amazing.

I have to say, I’m thoroughly enjoying this Christmas season. It’s messy and expensive and full of gluttony and resultant guilt, but I’ve learned to embrace those things. And also not over stress myself with doing too much. I think after having done Christmas with kids for ten years now, we’ve finally gotten a flow going. The H completely took over buying the kids’ presents because it stresses me out and he likes it, and so the presents are almost entirely bought now. I’ve started my candy making factory - I made English toffee and it came out perfect. I’m going to try to improvise some orange and raspberry candies based on a peppermint patty recipe; if I fail, I guess I’ll just throw them out and start over. I spent many, many hours going through our 500 wedding photos and putting together a beautiful leather bound wedding album that hopefully will be here before Christmas. Now I know what I’m saving if there’s a fire. 

The boys have been difficult to get out of bed in the morning and even more difficult to get to do their homework. I can’t imagine what it’s like trying to teach kids during December! I’m pretty sure next week is going to be just watching movies. We’re all counting down the days. Tonight is the sound check for Knott’s and then this weekend the endless gigging begins. I won’t be home in the evenings much starting Friday so I’m going to enjoy what few nights I have here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment