Monday, August 19, 2019

Eight days

Tomorrow is the first day of school. This is the moment I had in my mind - my youngest starting kindergarten - through every pregnancy twinge, toddler meltdown, or pre-schooler rambunctious moment. Fall of 2019. Here we are. I’m trying to get everything in place and focus on this moment - but life has really thrown me some unpleasant curve balls lately.

Last Wednesday the hotel where I hold my event called to tell me that their renovations of the ballrooms where I hold my dances have stalled and I need to be prepared that I may not have a place for my event. WHAT. I had a major freak out and spent the day re-configuring the entire event to squeeze into their smaller conference rooms. I went there the following morning to have a look - by then the elusive electrical inspector had approved the permit and things were moving again, so it wasn’t looking quite so dire...but even now there is still a chance I won’t have the space I need for my event. So I’m very on edge and stressed. This is the kind of thing that could be torture to endure for the weekend and ruin my momentum moving forward. I’m just taking it day by day at the moment. Which is scary when there’s only eight working days left before d-day.

Then I went to Chicago this weekend for a singing gig and instead of arriving home Sunday night to unpack and relax and do a little work, ended up stranded in Atlanta overnight due to flight delays and got home at ten this morning. Luckily the BF took time off work and took the kids out so I could sleep and get myself together; but even then I stumbled through a Bobby doctor appointment, skipped his guitar lesson, fed them dinner, got all their school stuff labeled and sorted, gave them baths, while barely functional. I want to be there emotionally for this big moment in our lives. Maybe tomorrow will have to be that moment. 

Also, I kind of already had my “my baby’s growing up!!!” freak out last year when Theo started ETK. Maybe I’ll be spared that this year...? I guess we’ll find out in about twelve hours!




No comments:

Post a Comment