Monday, August 26, 2019

Crunch week

The boys started week two of school today. They were supposed to be issued homework...but none came home with them today. God, I hate homework. I’m hoping that with no school Friday they just won’t be given anything this week. They’ve both done well so far. I have to say, as much as I had looked forward to this summer and getting up later and not having to rush out in the morning to school every day...the summer was a bit of a mess. The boys were all nuts with the lack of structure, stayed up way too late, and things were generally chaotic. I for one am welcoming the settling nature of school, even if it means getting up an hour earlier. 

I got the good news today that the main ballroom will, in fact, be available for my event. I had suspected as much; after 24 hours of diarrhea after our first conversation, and after making a “plan B”, I decided to just put it out of my mind. Things had started to look up for the renovations the day after they called me. How I wish they’d waited 24 hours!

Tonight I close registration; for the next three days I continue my 24 hour work cycle until we pack up and leave for the hotel Friday morning. I’m pretty over the constant customer service, but it’ll be over soon. Every minute of my life is scheduled until next Tuesday. Part of me can’t wait to wake up and have nothing to do; part of me remembers how empty it feels. It’s complicated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment