Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Good news

Got the word yesterday that the boys will be able to attend afterschool. Signed up today. Big sigh of relief! Having my usual misgivings about why, exactly, I need so much time away from them. But then I spend a weekend with them, and I’m like, yup. Boys are exhausting. Especially young boys close in age. 

Theo’s been trouble lately. And by “lately” I mean the last year. He’s super full of energy. Yesterday he got in trouble at camp for kicking another kid more than once - and in front of the kid’s mother, no less. He didn’t want to tell me who it was, but I guessed it was this one kid who, bless him, is kinda socially inept and follows Theo around and bugs him. I told him he needs to go to staff if someone’s bugging him and that it’s never ok to hurt someone or be mean to them. I was on pins and needles today worrying he didn’t get the message...turns out he kind of did. Apparently they got into it in the morning but then later in the day Theo went to staff about the kid bugging him. So...yay? I’m counting the days until they’re out of camp. Two more days this week and then next week and then we’re done. I am starting to feel like I need to be prepared to invest a lot more to send these kids to summer camp in years ahead - as in, three to four times more. Instead of just cheap government babysitting for the summer, maybe the kids need a real camp experience, like a swim camp or sport camp. I thought this was going to be a sport camp, but then they dropped that concept. So, I tried. Still, the kids enjoyed it, so I guess I shouldn’t feel too bad about it. 

I’ve got a lot of big decisions coming up the next couple of days for my event. Right now my brain can’t really cope. So I’m just gonna binge watch Catfish on MTV and try to pretend my event isn’t three weeks away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment