Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Too darned hot

We're having a bit of a heat wave here in SoCal - not a monster one like we had a few summers in a row a couple of years ago, but temps ticking into the high 90s - low 100s. Occasionally during the day when I feel unusually cranky or lethargic I try to remind myself, "oh yeah, it's frickin' hot". A certain amount of agitation is bound to go along with extreme heat, no matter how good the circumstances otherwise.

Today I called back an 89-year-old friend of mine who votes in the hall of fame thing I'm involved in; she was confused about the voting process, and I was motivated to tell her about the screw up with the nominees...and discovered that this lady had an even different list than the incorrect one on the website - and had already voted for two people who I had removed for very specific reasons. Good Lord! This is going to be a HUGE disaster, and my reputation is on the line, even though I did everything right. At the next (and last, before our induction dinner/dance in Sept) meeting, I will try to see if I can get a recall going. If not, I'll just have to suffer the consequences. I can't imagine the frustration when the people who bought $70 tickets from me because I told them they were nominated discover they got beat out by people who weren't even supposed to be nominated! Believe me I will tell everyone what happened, after resigning. Right now I feel like the four years I've spent on this board has been a total waste of time. Kind of like ending a bad relationship, really. Can't believe I have to pump like a maniac and leave my son with a sitter all day & night to go to this stupid induction dance, ugh! So that had me all pissed off all day.

Fortunately I had several Anthropologie gift cards to blow so I went and bought $130 worth of stuff for $20. Bam.

I declare tomorrow Pool Day, followed by Beach Day Friday. Tonight I took my new pop-up tent out of the box to test it out before Beach Day - it literally leapt out of the box and attacked me, while I frantically tried to read the directions on how to fold it back up. It stood there in the dining room mocking me until I got enough rage going to pounce on it, wrench it back into a little circle and beat it into submission. Take that, tent!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Your tent story gave me a good giggle this morning! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete