Friday, January 1, 2021

First day

I didn’t think I had much to say just two days after my last entry, but it turns out I do.

I kind of do want to remember how I spent the last day of 2020, so here it is. I joined the boys on their daily outing and watched them bike, skate and skateboard. They are both pretty much naturals at these activities; Bobby is more cautious and Theo more relaxed. I’m pleased that despite having abdicated nearly all parental responsibilities other than feeding, cleaning and schooling this year that they are still doing normal things like learning how to skateboard, thanks to the BF. 

Then we hung in the hot tub for a while, then joined a friend’s NYE zoom party, and both boys for the first time stayed up past midnight to watch the fireworks across the hill from us.

Then I had a horrid night tossing and turning with unbearable shoulder pain (guess what? The THC balm doesn’t work), which led to a low key day today mostly in bed with a heating pad. I tried our new TENS machine for the pain but all it did was stress me out (if I’m freaked out by normal household electric shocks when the weather is too dry, you can imagine how I reacted to the TENS). Now I’m just in pain with no real way to help myself. It’s miserable. I mean I want to kick coronavirus’ butt this year as a nation and a world but a close second would be getting rid of this endless stupid shoulder pain. It really fills me with despair most days and makes every single thing I do all day long painful and difficult. I fucking hate it. 

I got my $1800 stimulus direct deposited to my bank account shortly after midnight - thank you very much. I also see that there is a second round of PPP coming and grants for performing arts businesses which could be substantial. I’m pretty confident I could get the PPP loan; my having accepted the EIDL loan might mean I can’t get the grant. But duh - who wouldn’t rather have a grant than a loan?? Especially if I’m out of business until fall of 2022. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for these two possibilities. They could really save me this year. 

After eight years, a donor sibling mom has finally messaged me via the DSR asking if her daughter could meet my boys via zoom. I said sure. The girl is eight, also - I wonder if she’s older or younger than Bobby? I still bizarrely like to think of him as the eldest - why this matters, I have no idea - so I am definitely curious about her as she is about us. Let’s see what comes of this!




1 comment:

  1. Have you gone to chiropractors, the only positive results I’ve gotten with neck/back/shoulder pain is with a chiropractor and please ask about ultrasound. Absolute lifesaver for me with shoulder pain. They just put some gel on warm ultrasound around the area and stimulates deep tissue healing. I don’t think it could cause any adverse effect even if it didn’t work.

    ReplyDelete