Thursday, July 9, 2020

Camping pod

Our Malibu Creek camping trip was the shiz. We ended up inviting the family we camped with last time - officially our “camping pod” - so the kids had friends to play with, and we had a lovely hike to the (supposedly closed) Rock Pool which we then got to swim in. I know this doesn’t sound that exciting, but considering how rare it is in California to find a “swimmin’ hole”, I was entranced. 

This is indeed a strange time. So many parents with nothing to do except focus on their families. It makes me sad when I think how much life *should* be like this. Just caring for your family and creating memories, to the exclusion of most everything else. Of course in the long run I don’t know how satisfying living like this all of the time would really be - I definitely am missing my dead-and-buried singing career and of course my event, although that one less so as it’s still kind of “on” with lots to do for the virtual event. 

I’ve become obsessed with getting a 1930s or 40s teardrop trailer, and late last night mapped out the perfect trip to Zion National Park utilizing various earth homes/trailers/sheep farm spaces to stay in. I don’t know when we’d be able to do something like that - the season ends in September for most of these places. But if the BF is still not working and school can be done at our own pace...? Maybe! If not, next year! 

All any parents can talk about is what’s going to happen with school next month. I’m glad I’m not the only one obsessed with this. I am seriously leaning towards no school even if it’s offered. But I just don’t know yet. So much can happen in the next five weeks. My prediction? Nothing good. 

We leave for my birthday trip on Monday - unless of course stay-at-home orders are brought back. These days nothing can be counted on - you have to know that any plans can be crushed at any time. I’m so used to endless little losses I don’t even really care anymore; so my birthday trip gets canceled, so what. Add it to the list of disappointments. I’m definitely not the first. 










No comments:

Post a Comment