Friday, April 17, 2020

Weekend vibes

After Wednesday’s meltdown I decided we needed more time outside, so after some cursory schoolwork we went to the back yard to supposedly play catch with the baseball net, but instead the kids went back inside and put on bathing suits and insisted on swimming in the freezing pool (67 degrees!). Finally I convinced them to go in the hot tub to warm up. It was a pleasant and much needed afternoon.





My BF is freaking out because he hasn’t seen his stimulus check yet, and currently has no income. Sadly I’m sure he’s one of those that falls into the category of people who don’t have direct deposit information with the IRS, so he’s attempting to enter that now, and can’t figure it out and is frustrated, meanwhile I’m sure there’s a check on the way but it could be weeks or months. Today he sat down at the kitchen table and cried. I guess it was his turn to lose it. We’re both pretty schizophrenic at the moment - one day hopeful and upbeat, another at the end of our rope.

For me, the worst has happened - a now very, very slim chance I’ll be able to hold my event this year - so now I just have to adapt to this information. My refi guy called and told me we’re in process, he’s just waiting for the best deal. I told him I want to pull the trigger next week. So at least the refi portion will get started for real then. I asked what were the odds that I won’t be able to get a HELOC or access my equity - he said while things are unusual, it’s extremely unlikely that would happen. So that put me at ease. The good news is if I have to cancel and refund everyone I’m only out all the money I have plus $40,000 - a pittance, really - if I don’t have to pay to run the event, then I can just live on my equity until I open for registration again (maybe in Feb, depending on how things look at that point. Of course if events still aren’t allowed in 2021 that’s another story). I only really need about $60,000 a year to live on; I have $500,000 in equity (although I know I won’t get anywhere near that much). I should still be ok even if I have to refund everyone and even if I can’t run my event this year or next. God I can’t wait until I get my hands on that money so I can stop panicking. 

In the meantime, I’m very much looking forward to the weekend when I don’t have to worry about school work. Not much else to look forward to really. 

Here’s a comparison shot I did of the boys today:





No comments:

Post a Comment