Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Viva Cancún!

I spent last Wednesday through Monday in Cancún with a friend. It was amazing - so much incredible natural beauty. It was also my first experience with an all-inclusive resort - I don’t know if I’ll ever quite recover from the weirdness of ordering multiple dishes when I’m not crazy about the one I got, and then getting up and leaving the table without paying. Totally bizarre! I hope the next time I go to a restaurant I don’t do this by accident!

Also, having now visited Chichen Itza, I have seen four of the seven wonders of the world (including the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, and the pyramids). I’m only missing Petra, Machu Picchu, and the colosseum.

The boys did well without me - I always feel anxiety about leaving them with the BF, especially for more than a weekend, especially when I’m in another country. But he is a lot more responsible with other people than he is with himself, so I always return to a clean house and happy and safe kids. 

Now my job is to jump in and get on the kids’ various projects - Valentines for 48 kids on Friday, specially decorated valentines boxes, teacher presents, volunteering at Bobby’s pizza party Friday, and supervising Bobby’s James and the Giant Peach board game project also due Friday. 

The money has arrived from my opening night, and I’ve been able to pay my $15,000 credit card, property tax, and various bills. That’s a huge relief. 

I wasn’t trying to fast on my vacation, and my attempt yesterday ended up being a 900 calorie day and not a 500 calorie day. But I intend to do my 500 calorie fast tomorrow, and  experimenting with skipping breakfast and eating low calorie lunches and dinners on most weekdays (very doable) also; maybe I can just do that Monday-Friday instead of the fasts? Still tinkering. My weight loss of course ground to a halt on my trip, but hey, I’m still down six lbs from this time last month, so I’m not mad about it. I’ll be back on track now. 








1 comment:

  1. What a terrific trip - a resort, an ancient architectural wonder, and a cenote! I admire the way you take time for travel and reconnecting with friends in the midst of the chaos that is parenting.

    ReplyDelete