Monday, February 3, 2020

Opening night

My 23rd annual event is officially on. We opened Saturday night and had a flash sale that lasted until 8 pm last night. Everything went well until the price didn’t increase as planned; thankfully only two people slipped in before my partner in the registration system was able to fix it. It was very touch and go - lots of problems and issues the whole day Saturday before launching, which did not fill me with confidence. BUT it’s a huge improvement on last year, and it’s amazing to have a system that’s fully transparent and works.

How are the numbers? It’s hard to say, when I have no data from last year. But going by bank accounts, I’m $10,000 short of last year. Which means I’m short maybe 50 people? Doesn’t matter. I’m ahead of 2018, and that was an excellent year. So I’m contented. It’s going to be good. Still on top.

Day after tomorrow I leave for CancĂșn with my friend. I’m a bit nervous because the weather doesn’t look good right now - rainy and lightning storms the whole time we’re there. I hope this clears up!

Today is a cold, blustery day so I’m taking this opportunity to spend the day on the couch with a nice fire and British architecture shows. Can’t beat that. 




1 comment: