I left this weekend wide open so we could have some family time - go to the beach, or spend the day in the pool - but the H has to work all weekend, and I wasn’t up to tackling a beach trip all by myself, and our pool is broken, so of course we all just malingered around the house all day, me with a hot laptop on my lap answering the occasional email and desperately going over my to do list to see if I forgot anything. So it’s been a hot, boring weekend in which I’m both overstimulated with cyclical thoughts about all the things I need to remember and understimulated with lack of activity. And of course with triple digit temperatures I can’t get out and hike, either. What I should have done is headed over to the Y and hit the treadmill, but I didn’t think of that since I’ve only taken classes there for years. I need to remind myself that when it’s too hot to walk I really need to go there and get some exercise anyway.
Speaking of overstimulated, so I made a frightening discovery when I went to the podiatrist to get my annual cortisone shot - according to my blood pressure readings, which they did multiple times and before and after the appointment, I am in stage 2 hypertension. They couldn’t get a reading under about 148/85 no matter what tricks we did, and the concerned nurse asked if I wanted to make an appointment about it. At first I thought it had to be just general event stress - after all, I do operate at a higher level of stress for the entire month of August - but either way it’s scary. I bought a home cuff monitor like I had in pregnancy, and unfortunately despite being home and comfortable the readings were the same. I had been ticking into the 130s over the last year or so according to my doctor visit reports - and nobody ever mentioned it to me, so I didn’t worry - but now it’s just too high. Of course I did a ton of research about it, and I bet I can name the culprit, since my diet is fine and I exercise regularly - it’s menopause. I would bet that when I do see the dr she’ll start me on estrogen and it will clear right up, in addition to fixing my horrible disrupted sleep. Part of me is hoping this condition plus being overweight will get me covered for a glp 1, but I’m not sure what my coverage is. I’m sure being 10 lbs overweight isn’t helping, either.
For now I can’t do anything about anything except just get through these final days - tonight I have my last Knott’s (hurrah), tomorrow and Tuesday I have a number of last minute tasks plus packing and making sure the kids are set to spend the weekend in the hotel, and then we’re off. As of right now I’m shy of 900 people by about 15 which I’m sure I’ll get. Which means my prediction of losing another 100 people was accurate; but right now I’m just grateful that I didn’t lose more. I’m actually pretty pleased, truth be told.
No comments:
Post a Comment