Friday, June 10, 2022

First day / last day

Today is the last day of school. Although I’m feeling a little touched by the magnitude of another school year gone by, I’m not feeling as sad as I was last year - I think because we had a somewhat normal school year so I was less traumatized, and because there’s a plan in place for the kids starting Monday. So I don’t feel thrown to the wolves as far as what the heck I’m going to do with these kids all summer.





It’s been a slow wind down all week - I think the kids have done nothing but eat candy and watch movies at school. I wonder how many teachers will permanently leave the profession this summer. Already Bobby’s third grade teacher, who’s been at this school 26 years, has decided to move on. I’m bummed this means Theo won’t get her. I’m interested to see who they get next year - it’s Bobby’s only chance to get the 5th grade teacher with the Mohawk and the PhD. I sincerely hope he does. Or if not, that Theo does in two years. 

Today I pick them up at 1 and then we get ice cream and/or In-N-Out, depending if they had lunch at school or not. This morning Bobby left behind the stuffed animal he was allowed to bring - his eyes teared up when I told him we couldn’t go back and get it; so I ran back and got it. I’m happy that at ten years old he’s still so attached to his stuffed animals. Hang on to your childhood as long as you can, kid. 

Time for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment