Friday, July 29, 2022

Where has the summer gone?

Two weeks from Monday the boys are back in school. Three weeks after that is my event. The time is flying way too fast.

Despite my ambitions to the contrary, we ended up having an incredibly lazy week of staying in pyjamas and playing video games or watching cartoons. We went in the pool one day…and that was it. My covid exhaustion just wouldn’t allow for any outings, and the kids didn’t want to do anything, either, so I thought, what the heck? They have already stated that this has been their favorite week of the summer. Is it so terrible to have one week of just being complete lazy slobs? When I was a kid entire summers were spent like this. So, that’s how it went down. I cooked three meals a day, cleaned the kitchen, made sure everyone brushed teeth, occasionally showered, did customer service all day, and tried to recover. Yesterday was the first day that I didn’t feel like getting out of bed was a huge burden. Which says to me that I am finally on the road to recovery after this covid nightmare.

I’m very worried about long term effects, especially heart damage. I’m thinking at my next check up in two months I should ask about it, maybe run some kind of scan? I’ve just heard too many stories of perfectly healthy people dropping dead of heart attacks shortly after covid, and apparently BA5 is tough on hearts (not that I know I had BA5, but it’s likely). It’s my worst fear to become incapacitated due to stroke or die leaving these boys motherless. It haunts my dreams. My father has had heart issues since he was about my age, maybe a little older. I’m worried. Are my days of long hikes and physical activity officially over? I definitely still don’t feel normal - I still have a nagging dry cough that surfaces every time I try to talk (I have to sing Sunday and am very concerned about it), still feel pretty out of sorts and tired. I’ve been told this can drag on for weeks. Sigh.

I feel like things can get back to kind-of normal next week when the kids are back at camp. I’ll have to get up earlier, I’ll have the house to myself which automatically makes me more productive, and it’ll be August which will light a fire under me as far as really getting things in order for my event which is so close I can taste it. I’ve already ordered the boys new back packs for the year, I’m just waiting on supply lists. I’m guessing the week before school is when we’ll get their class lists and teachers. It’s exciting - I love the beginning of a new school year. I only wish they shared my enthusiasm!




No comments:

Post a Comment