Sunday, October 4, 2020

Whiplash

What a crazy fucking week. I’m still reeling and working through the adrenaline of the debate; it was a nightmarish schoolyard bully session for an hour and a half, as predicted - however I thought Biden did well, and based on the recent polls, many others did, too. 

Then late Thursday night the announcement of Trump’s positive Covid test - surprise! Immediately followed by wild conjecture and skepticism. Most of my friends didn’t believe it. I did, though - and the sad reality is he probably knew a lot longer than we think, and went on to knowingly endanger hundreds of people, possibly even Biden. I don’t think they ever would have told us had it not been for the leaking of Hope Hicks’ diagnosis. So now...we wait.

Do I want him to die? No. I want him to lose the election and be held accountable for his multitudinous crimes. I predict he’ll be back in the WH early this week ready to spin this as best he can. But it’s too late - he’s slipping in the polls so fast at this point, and the election is less than a month away. Some people also feel the SCOTUS appointment is in danger, but I don’t think so. Those slimy GOP senators know conservatism is having its last gasp so they’ll stop at nothing to ram through this Aunt Lydia that we’ll be stuck with for 40+ years. That’s a lost cause, in my opinion. 

The shaming by straight white men on the rest of us for not wishing that scumbag well (and I actively, purposefully did not celebrate openly) has been amazing to witness. We have been subject to the worst abusive, gaslighting relationship with this piece-of-shit president for the last four years, he pretty much single-handedly causes the death of almost a quarter of a million people by a preventable disease, and then catches it himself because of his own negligence, and we’re horrible people for not wishing him well? OH MY GOD FUCK YOU.

Also, your privilege is showing, big time. 

So. Yeah. That’s been the first week of October. Can we stop this carnival ride? I want to get off. 




No comments:

Post a Comment