Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Canceled at last

Today my loan was recorded and the cash out funds appeared in my bank account. I took a picture of it as I’m sure I will never see this amount of money again! This brought about an avalanche of activity - updating my website with all the cancellation/virtual event information, emailing my list, creating an event for the virtual event, cancelling the actual event on my page and my event’s page. Oh, and issuing about a hundred refunds, with many more to come.

So far yesterday’s Facebook post about some cashew cheese I made has garnered more attention. I consider this a good thing.

But more importantly...I went and got a Covid test today. Why, you ask? Because one of the ladies who is a nurse who joined our socially-distanced brunch a week ago tested positive yesterday. Ugh. Now to be fair the only reason she came to the brunch was because she had gotten a negative test the day before. So either that was an inaccurate result, or she contracted the virus after we saw her (she says she started showing symptoms about five days later). At any rate it sent me into full panic mode and there were many hours wasted googling spots to get tested, waiting for a consult with my doctor (no dice - they couldn’t do shit for me with no symptoms), until finally I found a walk-in clinic today. It was a three hour ordeal and cost me $250 but I should have results in a couple of days. For the record I have no symptoms and neither does anyone else from the gathering...I would be shocked if it came back positive. I was full of anxiety the whole time - afraid of what the test would be like, feeling like a leper, worried about the family, worried about our proposed camping trip this weekend (which we may have to cancel if I don’t get results in time), feeling like an idiot and a jerk for attempting any kind of gathering right now, feeling guilty and stupid as hell. In the end they ran out of nasal swabs so gagged me with an oral swab instead and then I went merrily on my way to In N Out, a trip I have not made solo since March. 

I am still a ball of nerves. At least the money situation is sorted - my refi guy told me how lucky I was to have slipped in under the wire; I sent him some chocolate covered strawberries. He really busted his butt for me, and I am profoundly grateful. 

Now I can focus on my virtual event and making it the best it can be, and hope to god I get a negative result and can happily eff off to the wilderness for the weekend. And if it’s positive...well? It’s been almost ten days since my possible exposure and I’m not exhibiting anything other than my normal lethargy. If this is as bad as it gets for me and I can just be done with it, then great. My friend had some fever and body aches but is actually doing fine. I hope she has a speedy recovery. 




No comments:

Post a Comment