Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sick

...and now we're both sick. Bumpus has a runny nose and cough, but no fever, and is in good spirits. I am debating on whether or not to take him to a doctor - but I figure with these conditions, there's not much they can do for him. If he had a fever, became lethargic, etc, I would take him in. But until then I think this is one of those "ride it out" scenarios. Dr. Google says unless certain things go on (like mentioned above) all I really need to do is clear his nose and run a humidifier. It'll be ok, right? Right???

By the way, if I'm ever tempted to have a coffee drink again, please slap it out of my hand. That iced coffee yesterday brought me to a full on panic attack - nausea, heart palpitations, throat closing, the whole bit. That's why I stopped drinking even iced tea in the weeks before my event, I find for me even small amounts of caffeine + already elevated stress level = panic attack. I freaked out for hours, and none of my usual self-soothing methods worked. Ugh.

I was worried about my already planned outing last night, but I went, and it was good for both of us. I was able to calm the F down while distracted out with friends, and Bumpus got to bed by 7:30 and slept until about 2 AM (at which point I brought him into my bed to feed and then just left him there). This is what I want - Bumpus sleeping in the evening, and happy sitters just hanging out and making sure he's safe.

Today although I'm officially under the weather I feel worlds better. I ordered a standing tray-type thing that's portable for B to hang out in (will be great for traveling to MA at Thanksgiving), and will get on the baby proofing/reorganization of the house. Changing times demand creativity, you know? And thankfully B is delighted by his jumperoo for literally hours, so at least for now I have something to keep him in one spot!

Now to try getting The Bumpus to bed early all by myself, agh!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, very right about holding off going to the Dr. Hope you are both better soon

    ReplyDelete