Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baby summit

Today I had another play date, this time with a baby two months older than Bumpus, who used to be huge compared to B, but my boy sure has caught up! I weighed him tonight and he's almost 18 pounds. He's chunked up a lot, and no longer fits into most of his onesies. I blame the Moose Tracks ice cream I've been addicted to all summer. Met a potential new babysitter who seemed very professional. Still not good for most week nights, though. Dammit!

Everything has been resolved in our family, so we are back on for Thanksgiving in Mass. For ease of operation I'm going to get a room at a b&b and a rental car, which will not be cheap, but I'm using miles for the flight, so it kind of evens out. I think with things still volatile it's probably best to have an escape route in case I just need to be off on my own. If the place I want works out, I'll be staying at a solar powered llama farm. I figure it's worth a few extra bucks to stay somewhere unique and memorable, you know? Right now we're trading emails about rates and if they allow kids or not. Apparently many b&b's do not. Something I never thought of before!

Plans for my 2013 event are coming together. I got a Seattle musician I really wanted, a hot French teaching couple, and a formerly local gal, now in New Orleans, to teach my For the Ladies track. I don't know if I mentioned it - I'm planning on having a special dance class series for women only (instead of partners), partly to accommodate the always overflow of women in the classes, partly as a political statement. I'm very excited about it and think it could really be a "thing" for the future. My hotel contact emailed to say she's moving to another hotel. Part of me is sad because a new person always means a big learning curve, but part of me is glad because I really felt like she'd been phoning it in the last few years. I did their online survey today and wrote a comment about how the hotel taking away all the food and drink and cutting back on various extras this year really made me not feel valued. Apparently they read these comments out in a big meeting every year, so hopefully my words will have some impact.

I am totally wiped out by the conflict with me and my friend, and the family stuff too even though it didn't involve me. I find this interpersonal stuff utterly draining. I could hardly do anything today but sit in the rocking chair watching old DVR'd episodes of "An Idiot Abroad". Am I the only one who gets emotionally and physically exhausted by conflict?

In the meantime, here's a pic of today's baby summit:

1 comment:

  1. I'm in that emotionally and physically exhausted by conflict boat.

    That photo is precious, they seem so enthralled with each other!

    ReplyDelete