Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coincidence? I think not!

So I did a little experiment today. The last time my urine came up with no protein was when I had said "the heck with it" and had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (this was test before last I believe). Yesterday I had eggs for breakfast - same +1 protein. Today I had the cereal again - no protein. I asked the midwife about this, but she said it wouldn't be related. So you're telling me that a life long vegetarian with a high carb, low protein diet suddenly dramatically changes this ratio then starts to have excess protein spilling into their urine, yet the two aren't related? I think not! Also sounds a bit like the various RE's I asked about my five year abuse of the Nuva ring who claimed it couldn't possibly have shut down my ovaries - I'm still skeptical about that one, too. Good thing both of these issues have had/will have a positive outcome.

We couldn't nail down a midwife appointment anywhere near my two NSTs, so I am going to just say the heck with it. The NST people do all if the same exact tests, and with more precise equipment. So if nobody objects I'm just going to the NSTs from now on.

Today I made the mistake of calling someone to catch up only to find her in a terrible state - she had to go to a food bank for food for her family and is deeply ashamed. She was really distraught and apologized for not being able to be there more for me during my pregnancy, to which I of course told her not to worry about it. I thought about telling her about my sewer line woes to make her feel less alone, but thought better of it. How can you possibly try to make someone feel better who just waited on line for government cheese? Gave me a lot of perspective, I can tell you that.

3 comments:

  1. NuvaRing and birth control COMPLETELY f*cked me up too -- i didn't have PCOS before, and do now. i DID ovulate before, and DON'T now. i was a normal weight before and now i'm overweight and ABSOLUTELY unable to lose it.

    and nobody believes me either. i'm in the medical field and i wouldn't believe it if i hadn't seen it firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I might ask, how were you abusing your nuva rings? I've used them in the past and found them to be monstrously disagreeable for me. I finally switched birth control types a few years back. Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used them back to back, as in not taking it out for one week each month but keeping it in and then just putting in the next one, in order to suppress my periods for five years. Every professional I asked about the dangers of this (and I asked a lot) told me I had nothing to worry about. And I have to admit it was great not having periods for five years, and I had no ill effects from the Nuva ring so I really liked using it. However I am still convinced using it, and using it like that, is what made me stop ovulating entirely. When even six months later after stopping use of the NR I still wasn't producing any eggs I just put two and two together. Can't prove it, though.

      Delete