Thursday, August 25, 2011

Here goes nothin'


So tomorrow I leave on my big cross country trip.  I feel sort of ok about it because today wasn’t too bad – I’m at about 70%.  Was able to go to the post office, grocery store, and drop the dog at the kennel, which is a big improvement over this time last week.  Is consistently taking the Zofran helping?  People have told me it has a cumulative effect, so maybe.  I’m *assuming* it can’t hurt, so I will continue to take it at least to get through the weekend. 

Now I have laundry and packing to do.  It seems so alien to put together outfits and select jewelry and hair do dads – what, makeup?  Earrings?  What is that?  All human dignity has disappeared around here in the face of constant crippling nausea.  Have barely used more than chapstick since my event in mid July.  It will be interesting to put on eye makeup, wear heels, and actually style my hair.  Seems like a lifetime ago I used to do things like that!

Survived the scary smells in the grocery store to come up with my weekend survival kit, which will consist of rice cakes, stone wheat crackers, cheese wedges, fig newtons, pears in syrup, yogurt, granola bars (the old school crunchy kind).  These things I can pretty much eat at any time with no ill effects.  All I can do is just take it day by day, try to keep a cap on my anxiety levels, and ask for help if I need it.  I have no problem telling the organizers I’m pregnant and may not be able to stay up until 2 AM judging contests – I’m sure they’ll understand.  So, the pulling of the pregnancy card begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment