Saturday, November 13, 2021

First shot

I took the kids for their first shot yesterday. They were brave boys and didn’t make much of a fuss about it - I more struggled with their wrestling and rough housing and touching everything in the pharmacy while we were waiting. They didn’t have many thoughts about getting the shot in general; I asked Bobby if he thought he’d feel safer, and he said no. But they both wanted to get it because their friends were getting theirs. Peer pressure has begun. At least in this instance it’s for the good. 



The F has had a rough couple of weeks. He had a surgery that left him somewhat debilitated for a few days, then the motherboard of his printing press went down, so it’s been a mad scramble to try to fix it while orders pile up, while also trying to get a deal on a new press, all while we’re having global shut downs and supply chain issues. I’m not 100% up on exactly what’s happening, all I know is he’s the most stressed I’ve ever seen him, there’s a chance he’ll be out of work for weeks or months while this issue gets resolved, and there’s a chance we’ll have to cancel our entire Thanksgiving trip, which has me completely gutted. Today he goes to check to see if the latest repair takes; by late afternoon we should know if he can skate by for a few weeks or if he’s really screwed. 

On my end, things are looking up - I’m down to the last bunch of items to be uploaded to my Etsy store before I'm officially done; the grant money I’ve been waiting months for was finally deposited, now I have two more I should have approval on in the next two weeks; I talked to a wedding planner that didn’t stress me out like the first person did and hired her, so now I have some guidance going forward - my time with her starts on Dec 4 (six months out); the kids got their first shot, and, most importantly, after a two month hiatus, work resumed on the cabin yesterday!! 



We’re still miles away from it being done or usable - we still need a roof, door, windows, patio, and entire separate structure for bathroom and shower. But at least for the moment I can say he’s trying to finish and didn’t just disappear with my money. So, very very grateful for that. Will we have this thing for the end of the year? I don’t know, but I’ve started ordering macrame wall hangings and hammock chairs just in case!

Here’s the boys enjoying post-shot frozen yogurt. 




No comments:

Post a Comment