Monday, December 30, 2019

....aaaaand....poop

Bobby’s started pooping his pants again. Oh, the familiar routine - Bobby starts looking/acting weird, I ask him if he needs to go to the bathroom, he admits in a whisper that he already did. Ugh. It’s happened at least once a day nearly every day this vacation - he’s clearly constipated despite daily Miralax. Last night I gave him a laxative. No poop in pants today - yet. He had a lengthy play date with no accidents, thank god. We’ll see how the rest of today goes, all of tomorrow, and our long flight day to Florida Wednesday. But it doesn’t bode well - vacations, time changes, unfamiliar surroundings, off schedule, strange food leading to exceptional pickiness - all of this spells disaster for the chronically constipated. Just when I thought we were done with all this. Now we have to go back to the old routine - forcing him on the toilet multiple times a day, cleaning out shitty underwear, threats, punishments, me at my absolute wits’ end. It’s a nightmare. One I thought was over. I wonder if this is ever going to be over or something we’ll have to deal with his whole life. He claims he just doesn’t feel like getting up to go to the bathroom - which tells me this is something he does have control over; it’s just some bizarre behavioral quirk. I keep telling him he’s almost eight, not two - this is not acceptable. We agreed the next poop accident he loses all screens for a week. Will he makes the effort and stop this? Who knows? 

In other news, out of nowhere it’s been brought to my attention that a new law passed in California requiring all employers to make their 1099’d independent contractors full employees could, worst case scenario, completely destroy both my band and my dance event. All of the people that work for both entities are independent contractors; I only use them a few hours a year. How can this be accurate? And yet that’s the law. And nobody knows anything, so trying to get a straight answer is impossible; I’ve emailed my two accountants but I’m assuming they won’t even be in the office for another week. My guess is there will be loopholes I can slip through - or, if not, worst case is I’ll be stuck with paying thousands in social security, worker’s comp, etc etc, which I could manage for the event; not so much for our band. I don’t like to be an alarmist so I’m hoping something will happen to save me - but if not...this could be the end of everything. I may need to move my event out of state; our band may not be able to even exist. I may have to move out of state, even. I can’t even wrap my head around how utterly devastating this could be. So I’m trying to assume the most likely scenario which is I just have to re-classify a few things to make it work, change some ways I file/do things, and that will be the end of it. 

It’s been a rough couple of days; now the little petty annoyances have become unbearable; I’m short tempered and depressed. But I’m going to try to rally soon - everything else is going my way, everyone is healthy (knock wood), we’re about to escape this relentless California winter chill for a little slice of summer in Florida, where I get to spend quality time with my sister, have people help with the kids, and not manage a household for a while. 

Also, Bobby built this 16 years plus LEGO set all by himself in two days. Not bad, eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment