Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First rides and lakes of poo

So my contractor just showed me a picture of the lake of poo under my house. Oh my God. How could that be going on and not even know about it, other than the occasional whiff of "something"? Well, the good news is the lake goes away today. And not a moment too soon.

We had another good night last night - one wake up to eat around 5 and that's it. I can't say I feel more rested, really - I still wake up a lot (old habits die hard when you're an old dog, huh?) but hopefully this will change if we keep going in this direction. I'm kind of shocked by how quickly this whole new system worked, actually. I expected a lot of crying and set backs, and they may yet come, but so far so good. Last night I even flirted with the idea of not giving him that 5 am feed. But that's pretty ambitious.

This morning I got the fabulous news that my "I **** you" post is going to be featured on BlogHer! Awesome! I don't know how they found me but I am honored. Also hoping I'll pick up some new followers but maybe that's asking too much. That's kind of the reason I didn't participate in the de-lurking that went on yesterday; I was too afraid I'd ask my readers to comment and introduce themselves...and nobody would. Can you say "fear of rejection"? Which is also kind of the underlying theme of my "I **** you" post.

In other news, things moving right along on the upstairs. Boxes for lights and outlets in, floor in, finishing insulation now. I mentioned to the contractor my disappointment that the skylight doesn't open (the contract does say an "operable skylight") and he said he'd either replace it or rig it to open. I think in the summer having that cross breeze will be essential. So I think this is a good guy. He actually listens and does what he says. A rare thing in the building industry!

Yesterday I was too full to put The B on my belly in his carrier while at Target, so I took the chance of putting him in the cart. I don't know why I didn't do this before - like so many things, it really just didn't occur to me. He is a little small for the cart and kept pulling his feet out to sit cross-legged, but was never in danger of falling (I kept my hand on him at all times). All the other mothers had nifty cloth cart inserts to keep their babies safe and clean from germs. Yet another instance of my being The Most Ghetto Mother in the Room.



7 comments:

  1. After a scary incident of Felix slipping out through the leg hole of a restaurant high chair and getting stuck, I ran right out and bought one of those covers today. Never thought I'd be the type!

    Congrats on the BlogHer news! I'll look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about the BlogHer exposure! Congrats!

    I used one of those cover things on the cart only because Elena would want to chew on the handle...ewwww!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I meant to post on this when you posted it! Like cmgr said - I used the covers just to keep Finn in the cart/highchair. It was great for that. I was never too worried about the germs. :)

    Congrats on the BlogHer exposure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In honor of de-lurking week, I will delurk myself, just to tell you that I love your blog and when I stumbled across it, I read the whole thing in a day and I'm happy you let strangers like me follow your journey. I enjoy your daily updates, and I will try to comment more often in the future. A little bit about myself: I'm 35 y.o, working as a doctor in Copenhagen, Denmark, and just about to begin the SMC journey myself, after a lot of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thanks so much for de-lurking yourself. I'm so pleased you enjoy my blog.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the feature! Told you your blog was amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete