Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's all too much

I'm having one of those days where I just feel totally overwhelmed. I'm allowed, right?

Here's a list of what's going on.

Bumpus is rolling. A LOT. Which means he's not content just lying on his back - he has to flip over, at all times. But then when he's on his stomach he gets frustrated so I have to flip him over...only to have him flip right over to his belly again. Last night he had me up practically all night doing this over and over. This, and peeing all over the bed, and then pooping all over the bed, and then spitting up all over the bed. I changed his diaper three times; normally I don't change it at all. It was a rough night. And makes me wonder how much longer we'll be able to co-sleep, as much as I love it. If he's going to flail around all night every night I don't know if I can do it.

My house is piled high with boxes from the event that STILL need to be gone through and put away. With all the crap I still have to do, I see continuing to live like this for at least another week.

I have no clean clothes, no food, and no clean dishes. I am out of food for all the animals; the office positively reeks of dog piss from locking her in there every night, even though I put doggy pads down, she often misses, and now I'm out of those, too. All of the garbage cans are literally overflowing. Everything is a mess and dirty. I would kill for a housekeeper right now.

After spending weeks on selecting nominees for this hall of fame group I belong to, and hustling to get these nominees' info to our web designer so they can be posted so the board members can start voting, discovered by accident today that all of the info on the web is all wrong, and people have already voted. It's a total disaster. I'm considering throwing up my hands and resigning from the board.

I have TONS of declined or invalid credit card slips to follow up on - which means calling the customers at home and asking them to recite their credit card numbers over the phone to me, which as you can imagine, makes them very happy. And just for the record, no, there is no way to run credit cards during the event; they have to be run once I get home. It's a real pisser.

The woman who shot my event video footage this year, who got a hotel room out of me ($500), several of her friends in free, and partook of the food I provided for my employees, has informed me that her hard drive has crashed, possibly taking all of my footage with it.

Yesterday someone left a long, whiny message on my machine telling me to move my event off of Labor Day because it's going to conflict with this other event in town that he goes to. I am aware of this event, but didn't think it would be much crossover. I still think this, but it does have me a little worried.

I keep telling myself that everything will get done, everything will get put away and organized, that normal life will resume and I'll be able to focus again. But right now everything is chaotic and messy and it has me very concerned - it's just making every day life very difficult. Now is one of those times when I could really use some frigging help, you know?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm sorry. You really do have a lot on your plate and going on right now! Try to just take it one step at a time, do one thing at a time, and eventually, everything will get done and you'll feel better. Maybe try prioritizing some things and then working your way down the list. Like, food for you and the animals is a must, and you can take the garbage out while on your way out to buy food. Maybe throw in a load of laundry before you leave, too. The boxes can wait. Maybe even nap with Bumpus today to try to catch up on some sleep, which will probably help with everything else... I know I'm one to talk, given all my whining about all my crap... but who knows, maybe I can help someone else better than I can help myself! Or, feel free to just ignore me completely, no offense will be taken! :) Best of luck, and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete