Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Rainy days and Mondays

Today I take Theo to get scanned for his upcoming Invisalign treatment. The trays should be ready for him to start by end of April. Surprisingly he’s excited for this process. I think it helps that a friend at school also has Invisalign. I’ve tried to explain to him that this is going to change his life pretty significantly - he won’t be able to just graze all day, he’ll have to brush his teeth a lot, and he can’t lose these trays. Also, that the first couple of days of each tray can be quite painful. He seems unperturbed. I’m skeptical he’ll be able to keep up with this. Still, it’s more likely he’ll follow the rules with this than 16 hours a day in headgear, so there’s that. And this is only ten months. He’ll be done before he turns ten. Then we can do nothing for a couple of years. I can live with that.

The birthday donuts did, in fact, get delivered to his class, and unsurprisingly nobody ate the gluten free ones. But they were a hit, hooray. Next up, Bobby’s laser tag birthday on Sunday followed by birthday donuts for him on Friday. Now at least I’ll know where to go. 

It’s been a very stressful week. I got news that my room block at my hotel is almost sold out - I only have about seventy rooms left. Which means I may find myself launching on May 1st only to have to tell all my attendees, “sorry, hotel is sold out!” which would be an absolute disaster. With nowhere else to turn I left a message for my contact there yesterday, figuring all I can do is ask for suggestions. If the hotel can’t or won’t give me more rooms, what do they suggest I do?? Nobody has called me back.

I also got news that a NYE event that’s been floundering for a few years that I was hoping to take over is most likely being bought by the person who swore he wouldn’t buy it. 99% sure he’s buying it, I was told. Sigh. So my dreams of putting on an amazing kick ass NYE event that could save my ass financially have been dashed. Unless he suddenly passes, or runs it for a year or two and then quits, I’m out. I’m still licking my wounds over that one.

I have spent countless hours setting up my registration system and schedule on the new system, and I love it. I don’t entirely understand all of the features, but we’re zooming again tomorrow so I can ask any lingering questions and make absolutely sure I know it inside and out. I’m just praying this system works as well as it looks like it should.




No comments:

Post a Comment