Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Fingers crossed

What can any left-leaning woman in this country say about last week other than that it was anxiety-producing, triggering, and depressing? I usually avoid the finer points of this seemingly never-ending shit show called “Trump’s America” and just pop in for the highlights, but this Kavanaugh nightmare I paid attention to...a little too much. By Friday I was barely functional, full of rage and hopelessness. Fun!

So now we have a brief reprieve before the hell starts all over again this Friday waiting for the vote. Some people express optimism...I am more skeptical. The BF said today if he gets appointed and then the mid terms don’t go as we think, he’s going to lose all hope. I’m right there with him on that. 

I feel like I’m waiting for everything. My kitchen, which was supposed to have started last week, still has no start date. We are still waiting on bids for asbestos removal. Until we have that there is no start date. I’m reluctant to start packing up my kitchen in any real way until I have an actual time frame. I’ve already given up hope of any chance of this being close to done by Thanksgiving; now I don’t even know if it’ll be done by Christmas. My refurbished stove was ready for delivery last week - they agreed to store it for me for a steep rent. Good times.

In other news, Bobby has pooped his pants almost every day for the last two weeks. He had a giant BM in the toilet last night so I’m hoping he’s cleared out whatever was blocking him up...but it may be time to seek out a pediatric gastroenterologist. We just can’t go on like this. It’s frustrating and upsetting and nothing I’ve tried works for more than a couple of weeks and then we’re right back where we started.

Also, he got a note home from his teacher yesterday for bad behavior and was such a nightmare in violin class that I had to punish him when we got home. Is he tired? Stressed out that I was gone last weekend? Going through a phase? Pushing boundaries? I don’t know, but it has to stop. Both boys have been a major handful lately - no doubt because of, and adding to, my stress level. 

Things need to get better. But I feel pretty hopeless on all fronts right now. 




2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Can you keep them in that cage for a while? :) Similarly hopeless feeling over here as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. What a week for you (and so many of us). I'm trying hard and partially succeeding at staying off FB. The news is just too awful.

    The pooping is stressful too! A pediatric GI might be very helpful. We have good luck with using two fiber gummies a day, in case you haven't tried them. Constipation is a huge cause of encoporesis. The thing is, once the colon gets stretched out (like by the huge poop he had yesterday), the muscle tone in the colon is desensitized. Leading to more accidents. So the problem can take a while to get better.

    Sorry, maybe you know all of this already! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete