Thursday, June 28, 2018

Preschool countdown

Tomorrow I leave for Boston, the (2nd to?) last trip my original babysitter has agreed to cover. I say 2nd to last because I am hoping to beg her to take the kids during my event over Labor Day - she had said she might be able to. The idea of having a completely new person taking the kids for five days with both me and the BF not available scares the crap out of me. Also, based on the people I’ve interviewed since my last post, even if I could find someone it looks like I’ll now be paying two times what I used to for these weekend trips. So...let’s hope I can convince her to stay on for one last hurrah. 

Bids are finally coming in for my kitchen. It is not going to be cheap. But...I’m not doing this to have a crappy, low-end kitchen. I want a tile floor instead of linoleum, more than one dim light fixture, extra windows...it’s a lot. But I should be able to just barely manage it this year, most likely leaving myself broke but happy. It will be the most ambitious and invasive project I’ve done in this place. And in the end, working with such a tiny space, it’s hardly going to be transformative. But it’ll be pretty and functional and have all the vintage touches that make my heart sing. So...worth it?

The boys are doing well - the pool has increasingly become a part of our daily lives, and summer suddenly has meaning again when you’re on a standard school schedule. I am counting the days until I no longer have to drive Theo up to his Pasadena preschool three times a week; I am SO over it. We have also stopped our twice weekly “nap drives” since he doesn’t seem to need it anymore; he is tall and skinny and more and more a boy and less and less a chubby baby every day. Things are a-changing around here.




No comments:

Post a Comment