Friday, December 30, 2011

My first remote blog post!


So I am attempting to write a quick blog post on my Kindle Fire from my hotel room in Asheville. So far it is turning out to be a bit of a pain in the ass, but I don't have anything else to do so why not try?

Survived the crazy early flight yesterday, but barely. I was was picked up at 3 am, which means I had to get up at 2:30 am, which means despite my best efforts I didn't sleep a wink even though I went to bed at 9:30. About half way through the trip I wanted to jump off a cliff I needed sleep so badly; it was that awful feeling of your brain wanting to turn itself off but there's too much light/noise/activity going on to allow it. Luckily the band didn't have to play until nearly 10 so I begged off the sound check, took a good long nap in my room, and felt about 10000% better. I always say even a little sleep is better than none.

The gig went great and today was an odd day off (normally we play two nights and then home) so I went out in town a little bit and then came back to my room with the full intention of getting dressed up and going to tonight's dance...but totally lame-d out and didn't go. It has nothing to do with not feeling well or being tired; I honestly didn't feel like anyone would want to dance with me and it would make me feel bad. I always say the dance world is very similar to the dating world - it's a sea of awesome women fighting over a handful of decent guys, and when push comes to shove the youngest and cutest girls will always win. Which is not me, especially right now.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about dances, they're no fun when you're single...or not young & cute, lol

    ReplyDelete