Thursday, February 21, 2019

Progress and not

Today I moved (nearly) all my kitchen stuff from the satellite kitchen into the new kitchen. I’ve been doing a sort of hybrid kitchen for the last couple of weeks, but now that the stove is hooked up and the knobs are on the cabinets, I felt it was time to have everything in one place. We still have no electric, no table, no backsplashes, and need paint and wallpaper. It won’t be done this week. But I’m sick of waiting.

Life with a nearly 100-year-old stove has been...interesting. The burners only work intermittently. The oven doesn’t appear to have any temperature control. I need to fiddle with it some more. The stove pilot might just be too low and that’s why the burners aren’t catching...I just really wish the stove had been delivered and set up by the restoration people. Trying to figure it out by myself has been scary, even though I’ve called them and they’ve walked me through some things. At some point I may see if they can come out here. 



In other news, we’re (I think?) proceeding with buying the registration software and setting up a little company...we just have to figure out what role (if any) other people will have in it. I’m looking forward to getting it going and setting up this year’s event on it. Right now I’ve got a ton of issues in my inbox waiting for the new system for me to deal with them. It stresses me out. Also, my taxes are due in three weeks, which is way too soon for comfort. I’m about halfway through preparing for it. Ugh.

I had Mohs surgery for a basal cell skin cancer on my right temple yesterday. I knew it was kind of a big deal - several hours and probably about $2000 out of my pocket - but it’s been really awful; I’ve been in a lot of pain the last couple of days, can’t shower above my neck (my hair is a greaseball from hell), and am feeling generally really uncomfortable and like I got beat up. I have no patience for the kids’ craziness right now. The BF offered to get the kids up for school today which helped a lot. I cannot wait until at least the pain stops and I can reduce down to a band aid.

Repeat after me: I will make an appointment the minute I see a possible skin cancer and not wait several months; I will make an appointment the minute I see a possible skin cancer and not wait several months; I will make an appointment the minute I see a possible skin cancer and not wait several months.

Here are some more kitchen pics:











1 comment:

  1. I had a Moh's surgery on my nose and it hurt like hell afterwards. The dermatologist told me the pain would be no big deal and I was on the subway and the rattling and jerking of the train... the pain was INSANE. throbbing, miserable. I finally took at least three advil. on an empty stomach. which i never do. but the pulling from the stitches was unbearable.

    within a couple of days, though, it felt much better. i don't remember that i couldn't shower.

    can you call the doctor? i don't think you should be in that much pain still.

    ReplyDelete