Thursday, June 7, 2018

First lost tooth!

After about a week of wiggling, Bobby lost his first tooth yesterday at school! As weird as it sounds, teeth falling out was one of my favorite parts of childhood, so I was very excited for him. I finally got to use the little felt tooth fairy pockets I made years ago. I left him a dollar coin.

He’s got “shark teeth” - teeth growing in behind the baby teeth, not under. I may still need dental intervention - he’s going to need to lose at least another baby tooth to make room. I’ll see if one of the others starts to loosen up in the next few days. 

Today is Bobby’s final day of kindergarten. He was never late nor absent. It’s a small thing, but I’m proud of it. I’ll pick him up and we’ll go celebrate with ice cream. Today was the last day I had to get up at 6:45 AM. Hooray! 

In other news, my mother has cut off communication with our go-between. My sister somehow managed to get a hold of someone in Rio who can go check on her and get us contact information for her apartment’s management. I think I need to apply for a visa now so I’ll be ready to go at a moment’s notice. Sigh.




1 comment:

  1. Mine had shark teeth too - I encouraged her to push them forward with her tongue after the baby teeth fell out, and over the course of a month they actually did move right into place where they were supposed to be. Hope Bobby's will too. And I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your mom - sounds very hard on you.

    ReplyDelete