Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter! The musical

How much better was this Easter than that one two years ago when I took two-year-old Bobby and newborn Theo to that horrid, packed Easter event downtown? Ummm...about a thousand times better. Just about everything other than the new baby snuggles is better in my life now than it was then. Which is good to remember.

The Boyfriend took great pleasure in shopping for, putting together, and then hiding eggs for our front yard hunt today. He used to do this with his ex and her teenaged kids and I could tell he really missed it. And it went really well. Bobby shared with his little brother and nobody stumbled in my sloped yard and poked an eye out on a succulent.






They enjoyed the elaborate dollar store Easter baskets I made: 





...and then after the BF went to work I took the kids on a lengthy outing to a canyon hike in Malibu. It was a gorgeous day and I just wanted to get as much of it as I could. 

Tomorrow Theo starts three day preschool. It is the first week in ages I don't have to prepare for taxes, birthday parties, random band stuff or Easter. I can finally focus on the (much neglected) business, finish up home stuff (sell furniture, paint walls, hang pictures), and heck, maybe even relax a little. Woo!

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture! You look sassy and happy. Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete