Friday, March 4, 2016

1000th post!

It seems fitting that my 1000th post would be five years after my first. And what a difference five years makes! I have not gone back and re-read my early posts - I don't dare; I'm pretty embarrassed by how I was back then, seething with jealousy and resentment. But I think it's important to leave them there since they are true to my experience at the time. So, here I am, five years later, the mother of two boys. What?

Last night was a major landmark in our lives - the boys' first night in their new room, with Bobby in the top bunk and Theo in Bobby's toddler bed tucked underneath. I worked all day to set up their room and make my new room slightly less chaotic. And it all went great...except that Theo threw up all over everything. 

And I'm vaguely nauseated. So, I guess I had one good week and now we're back to - you guessed it - another stomach bug. This thing never fucking ends. And I have to sing all weekend and take The Boyfriend out for his birthday. Couldn't have come at a worse time!

Not knowing what else to do, I just cleaned him up and put the boys to bed, keeping an eye on them with the baby monitor. And they did just fine. Theo slept all night in his new big boy bed, as did Bobby. I barely slept as my attention was on the monitor all night. They did well in the morning, too.

Until Theo threw up all over everything again. And I cleaned it all up again. All I can say is my choice of hardwood floors over carpet was wise.

Other than wallpapering next week, ordering a new bed and mattress, and the massive task of cleaning out my former storage closet and switching things around, then hanging some pictures, and selling some furniture, the main work is done. I cannot wait until everything is organized and clean. But that's a ways away yet. And I have to kick some ass doing my taxes all week next week. 

But other than feeling nauseated and cleaning foul vomit off furniture and toys and floors, everything's pretty good at the moment. Very grateful for all the things the last five years have brought me!

Bobby "helping" put together his bed


My new room, pre-furniture and decoration

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations about finishing!!!

    It really does seem strange how often you guys get stomach bugs. Like, super weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I am so sorry you have been visited by the vomit fairy yet again! Here's hoping it stops at Bobby...Congrats on your 1000th post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks great. Sorry to hear you guys are sick again - has your doctor said anything about the frequency of your stomach bugs? I would be beyond-frustrated. My girls also got the pukes last night but there is a super catchy stomach bug at their school right now that has kids dropping like flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing as above, that's it's crazy how often you guys get sick. I wonder if there could be mold or something in your house that makes you sick? Or something else weird that causes vomiting so often? Could be worth asking your doctor about. Glad the hardwood is at least making clean-up easier. Love the boys' new room, and I bet yours will be awesome when it's finished, too. Envious of you for getting house projects done!

    ReplyDelete