Monday, December 7, 2015

Stomach bug #5,635

Yup. Got struck down by yet another violent, horrid stomach bug this weekend. Thankfully the kids are so far fit as fiddles, but I started to feel off during my Saturday night gig and then spent the next day puking in the bathtub. Awesome. And again I say...why???

Thank GOD The Boyfriend was here and we put our Christmas decorating plans on hold while I malingered in bed and he took care of the kids all day. This was definitely trial by fire, but he did great. Fed them breakfast, lunch and dinner and entertained them all day. I still changed the poopy diapers because he couldn't hang. So far during these horrid episodes I have always had someone to help - always a babysitter just happening to be available, etc. I honestly don't know what I'll do when the day comes that I'm that sick and nobody can come help. It happens so regularly that my good luck is bound to run out. Today I still feel shaky and weak and vaguely nauseated but at least it was a school day and I am way better than yesterday. 

So, Christmas is deferred for another week - no decorations, tree or lights yet. Thankfully B doesn't seem to mind. I did get all my cards done tonight, though. So there's that. And this:

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry you were sick again! Do you think these things are viral, foodborne, or what? Kids are usually the vectors, but in this case maybe it came from something that only you ate...? Hope you catch a break after this one! And glad the Boyfriend survived the trial by fire. He's sounding like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Sorry you got sick..again! Glad the boyfriend was there to help and I hope you are better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad for you that your boyfriend is supporting you. Get well soon. My prayers are with you.
    IUI treatment in India

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got sick just before Christmas & I can't tell you how grateful I was to have my mom around to look after Elena! As challenging as it is to have my mom live with me, she earns her stay at times like those! Glad Boyfriend was a great help!

    ReplyDelete