Monday, August 10, 2015

I think I can, I think I can...

Today marks just four weeks to my event - slightly less if you factor in that the final week is technically the beginning of my event so less prep time. It's right about now that I get jealous of people who are enjoying the final days of summer, going on fabulous vacations, etc...until I remember how hard they all work the entire rest of the year. I'll shut up now.

My mommy & me friend has bought a house in Maryland - they are officially moving in a few weeks. I'm sad. This is definitely the end of an era for all of us. It also means I have to hustle to make more stay at home mom friends to see us through the kids' remaining at home time (which for Theo is still four long years). 

Spent another great weekend with BO8RT in which he arrived each night after the kids were in bed, kept me up all night (*cough*), and then tiptoed out in the morning so I could spend all day doing kid stuff, only to shower, put on a little lipstick, shave my legs, and do it all again. Oh, he did buy me dinner and take me on a romantic drive into the mountains in between boinking, just in case you were wondering-!

I went to his work. It was fun watching his excitement as he showed me the machinery, the jobs he was currently working on, and how it all worked. I forget that guys do have a boyish quality with this stuff sometimes - they just want to impress you and have you say, "that's great, honey! Good job!" I still kind of suck at positive reinforcement but I will say having two little kids has made me way better at it. 

As you all know (and I'm sure some can relate to) this relationship stuff is completely alien to me. I'm just trying to apply things I've learned from being a parent to being with a man - compromise, be patient, ask "how can we do better?" instead of getting frustrated and shutting down, etc. Not that much of this has really come up yet at this stage in the game other than one instance when he was trying to be helpful last week and I was a total snatch to him and then apologized because it was the right thing to do, even though I felt like being defensive.

But can I do this? Do I have the capacity to juggle a (currently) demanding business, two little kids, and a grown man? Other people seem to be able to pull it off. I think I can. All you can do is try, right?

2 comments:

  1. I have faith in your juggling abilities! Let's face it, sex makes it worthwhile. Plus it's nice to have someone take you out for dinner or cook for you.
    Glad the annoying dating bs seems to have finally paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I go away for a few weeks and come back to find out you have a Relationship? What next???

    You go, girl! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete