Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday

So I had my Smc meeting and was delighted to hear of three more pregnancies. At this rate, nearly all of our members are either pregnant or moms; one is pregnant with #2. I had always wanted this group to be "thinker/tryer" focused, and it was for a while, but it does seem like our demographic is changing. Perhaps soon we'll have to do playgrounds rather than brunches.

Then I brushed out my hair and put on lipstick and went to see BO8RT. We were supposed to just spend a couple of hours together...but...well, let's just say I put in several calls to the baby kennel to delay my pickup time. 

We lay on a blanket in Griffith Park and groped each other. We walked around. We drove around. We got dinner. We talked about anything and everything. He played me songs on his phone. I played him songs on my phone. He kept telling me how pretty I am and how amazing I am. Umm, more please!

I'm pretty fascinated by how different dating is now than it was in my 20s and 30s. I mean, I'm dating the same people - it's the same generation of guys, just that we're all older. I don't know if I'm just choosing better people or just have lucked out or am putting out a different, sexier energy, but I'm delighted by all the sexual attention being directed at me (except for the Text Rapist. That guy can fuck right off). I mean, when I did online dating before, every guy I met treated it like a frigging job interview; even the couple of times I went on more than one date with someone they were just cold fish who didn't want to touch me. Maybe we all have lowered expectations in our middle age-? God knows, BO8RT is not some incredibly hot, good looking guy. But I find myself very drawn to him because he's just so thoughtful and open and compassionate. I told him the story of what happened with my mother and he had tears in his eyes. He really cares about people, without being a pussy. Which is a rare thing.

So now after a lovely weekend it's time to get back to reality. Diaper changes, cooking several meals a day, wiping spilled food off the floor, shuttling kids in the car, customer service for my event which looms a mere six weeks away. Yikes.

We don't have a fourth date set, but I'm not even worried about it. We text all day long, and we're both pretty smitten. It's great for once to not be made to feel insecure. Such a rare feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I am so impressed and so happy for you. Woo hoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete