Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Make it rain

It rained in LA today, which is almost unheard of for this time of year. Since Bobby was in school I took the opportunity to make it rain myself.

I broke the internet today. I worked those dating sites like nobody's business. Since I woke up with no messages from anyone and no prospects and no interest, I just got on the stick and messaged a million people. Almost none have (or will ever) write me back. But, I have a date Sunday and another one Tuesday and a third one in negotiation for some time next week. Snap!

The one Sunday is with a guy I spoke to on the phone yesterday. I didn't expect to hear from him again, but this morning he messaged that he wanted to meet me. He sounds like a very nice guy, very pro-children although he has none of his own. He does seem a little bland, though. But I am always happy to give nice guys a chance, and we're going to a festival I really wanted to go to and I'm happy I have a date for it.

Tuesday is with a guy who seems like a complete nutter - but we kept checking out each other's profiles and finally on a whim I just wrote to him: "I don't think we want the same things but I just feel compelled to tell you I think you're awesome." Again, I didn't expect to ever hear from him, but he immediately wrote me back saying he wanted to do the same with me but didn't think he was what I was looking for. We had a nice long chat and made a coffee date for Tuesday. Let's just say this guy is very unconventional. Yet I feel inexplicably drawn to him. I don't know if this is because a) he stands out in a sea of squares, b) he's just cute, c) I'm currently ovulating and therefore out of my mind, d) I am experiencing a serious lapse of judgment, or e) all of the above. But it's just a coffee date, what can the harm be? Right???

A third guy sounds just super amazing but takes a long time to respond to messages and I think is an old hand on these things and therefore is probably just one of these serial daters. I think he's probably the best of these guys but I get the distinct feeling he just wants to meet a ton of women and probably never settle on anyone. Jury's out.

In other news, Theo AKA Bébess is a fat, fat little squeezable butterball. I've been feeding him probably at least an avocado a day. Hopefully at his next checkup they will be pleased with his weight gain.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie. Have fun next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I can't wait for the updates!

    ReplyDelete