Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ho ho...no

Today I took the boys to the mall to meet Santa. Bobby was not having it. So there will be no Bobby and Santa pic this year. Thankfully I have my second son to enjoy this ritual with in the interim. 

This is very much a microcosm of the whole preschooler-new baby situation. So often I'm grateful for Theo in our lives because it reminds me of the more enjoyable aspects of parenting - how awesome and cuddly babies are, how happy and willing to please. Toddlers are so not. But I know the unpleasantness with Bobby is just temporary. It's not him - it's his age. In the meantime I can still get an oxytocin high off smelling the top of Theo's head. Ahhhhhhhhhh.


2 comments:

  1. Your Santa photo is better than the one I got when Elena was 9 months! They aren't always that agreeable, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could photoshop B into the pic?? That is, if you care enough to want to do that! It came out good, though. I know - the toddler age is HARD. Can't wait for things to let up a little on that front, for both of us!

    ReplyDelete