Monday, August 25, 2014

Whelmed

There's always this point early in the final week before my event after I slacked off all weekend that I start to panic that not everything is going to get done. Or rather, that everything will get done, but incorrectly and sloppily, under a torrent of tears of exhaustion at 4 AM. This has happened to me more times than I care to admit - I was determined to not have that scenario this year, but now I'm not so sure.

It's just stunning how time consuming returning phone calls and emails is when they've been piling up all day, plus doing all the paperwork of processing new sign ups (printing them, cross checking with PayPal, entering them into the database, then filing). By the time I did that tonight it was 10 PM, I was fried and had a headache, and I still hadn't even started any of my actual work which now has been pushed to tomorrow night. Ugh. 

Thankfully this part all ends Thursday - and the customer service part Wednesday as last year I came up with the brilliant idea to shut down registration a day early so I have time to pack and organize and don't have to do all that at 2 AM (under a torrent of exhausted tears). So I am very much looking forward to that.

Today I killed time doing a Silverlake walk and then took B for a much-needed haircut that went WAY better than last time. It's so hard when you just want to work but you can't get on your computer because you have two little kids needing your attention all day...and the complicated, annoying customer service requests are just piling on...I kind of want to punch them (the customers) all in the face right now. But that's just the exhaustion talking.

The good news is since T rarely took a bottle during the last few baby sitting nights, this means I now have more than enough pumped milk so at least thank God I don't have to pump anymore nor do I need to worry. And you know what's awesome? I will never have to worry about breast feeding or pumping during my event ever again. You know what else is awesome? I will never have to be pregnant during my event again. Frigging hallelujah. 


5 comments:

  1. He looks more and more like you with every day! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann plus he's taking on a more individual look & not so much like B.

    Glad you're not feeling too frazzled for this year's event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, that picture is freakin' awesome.

    Second, sounds like things are coming together for your event. Yay!

    Third, with all of your posting about your event lately, I found myself curious and tried to find it online. But I think I must not have enough details, because I couldn't find it. Oh, well. I promise I'm not stalking you!! I was just curious.

    Last, GOOD LUCK!!! Break a leg?! Whatever I should be saying right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I haven't mentioned the name here; I guess I'm afraid of my customers finding this blog and hearing me bitch about them and talk about money. Suffice it to say the event is a dance "camp" that takes place in "Hollywood" (hint hint)

      Delete
  4. Love the photo! Sounds like you are in a good place for your event!

    ReplyDelete