Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Glucose test, check

So today I endured the glucose torture test. Half hour wait, then more paperwork, then glucose drink while nauseated, then being walked through all the crap I know already (no drinking, smoking, etc), making appointments, waiting an hour, blood test, home. Like everything this time, as unpleasant as it was, it was nowhere near as bad as last time.

So once again I can't get in to see the midwife I want because she just isn't available any of the times I need to go in - and you have to keep those appointments. So, so much for that.

The good news is my viability scan is next week, followed by a genetic counseling appointment in which I can arrange for the MaterniT21 test! So excited. So I can get a picture of the baby's health AND sex soon! I hope before my event. It would be great to be able to start telling people at that point.

I feel pretty lousy today, truth be told. All I want to do is lie down in a dark room and watch The Sopranos. But, duty calls. Or doodie calls. Bumpus makes sure to leave me a big stinker every morning. Uh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment