Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Standing

The big news is B stood today - a lot. We were in the playroom because the cleaners were here, and he practiced a few times, once very comically while at his little play table thingee with the musical buttons; he let go and started swinging his arms to the music and promptly fell right on his back. But he kept trying, and I was able to snap this picture! Yay Bumpus!

In other news, we've now had two days with zero breassesses. He is still clawing at my shirt, shoving his hands down my collar and into my bra and ripping my silicone breast pads off. I can't help but remember the story of the character in A Tree Grows in Brooklyn who was desperate to wean her toddler who would demand "Gussie want tittie!" day and night. So she painted a hideous face on her boob and the next time Gussie pawed at her shirt she popped out the scary boob and he never wanted it again! I would never do this, of course, but this story has been on my mind a lot lately.

Boobs not too angry, though - I will pump them when necessary, but right now I am just really focusing on trying to dry up. This whole breastfeeding thing is so similar to our attitudes about pregnancy throughout our lives; you spend the first half of your life trying desperately not to get pregnant, and the second half doing anything you can to get pregnant. Now here I am a year after going to any lengths to get breastfeeding going, trying to make it stop. And so it goes.

And since you haven't heard enough about my bodily fluids, lots of EWCM lately. I know this must be because of the cessation of breastfeeding; I can only imagine the turbulence going on with my hormones right now with all the changes.

One more week to see if AF shows up. Will she, won't she? There are several women in their 2ww on the FB SMC page and I am giddy with anticipation for them...and for me, too.






1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Bumpus!!

    Good luck with Aunt Flo watch 2013, lol! I hope the hormones aren't too rough on you.

    ReplyDelete