I called the clinic today to set up an appointment for tomorrow or Friday and they said they wanted to see me today, so off I trotted. I had a lot of weird feelings about bringing the baby as I've read so many angry accounts of infertile women encountering toddlers in infertility clinics...but as Jen (who I had a lovely visit with yesterday) pointed out, it's not technically an infertility clinic; it's actually a sperm bank that largely caters to lesbians and single (not necessarily infertile) women. So I asked if it was ok that I bring him and they said people do all the time and not to worry about it.
To say being back there two years later with a baby was surreal is an understatement. The last time I set foot in the place was the day B was conceived; and I remember wondering when, and if, I'd ever go there again. The office had been completely remodeled and there was a new receptionist. But much to my delight the two nurse practitioners I worked with came out to see the baby and there was a lot of discussion as to if he looked like the donor (not very, they thought). They even played a game with the donor coordinator to see if he could guess the donor number - he couldn't. It was a warm feeling to see that they remembered me, even details of my "case", all this time later.
So the news is that I'm not, technically, ovulating, but my body is for sure gearing up (echoes of my last experience). They saw a thin lining (3 mm) and a few immature follicles. They said they like to see women cycle through three times before trying, ideally...but we talked time frames, and since I unfortunately don't have six months for my body to get in gear naturally and then stay there for a while, the plan is this: wait two weeks for a period to show up. If it does, I may consider taking Femara, which apparently they can prescribe now. If I don't get a period I can take Provera to kick start it at any time, and possibly take Femara then unless I want to try unmedicated (leaning against that, honestly). But none of this can happen until I wean completely. So, apart from waiting around, my homework is to get weaning going. We only feed once a day these days so I don't see it being an issue. I'm not thrilled that I'm going to have to force it to stop rather than winding down slowly...but again, I don't have the luxury of time.
So I like that I don't have to wait a whole month for a period to show and then two weeks after that for ovulation...that I can take the Provera as soon as it looks like the period won't be showing up. It's technically "due" the 15th. So maybe I'll wait until the following Monday...?
I like that the clinic understands the time crunch and is willing to work with me and understands I can't wait. We had a little chat about my unwillingness to get aggressive as well - I may change my mind about this, but I have no intention of doing IVF or even injectibles...I can't afford the costs nor the risks. And I am satisfied with the one awesome Bumpus; I don't think we're not enough, just us. This is all about pushing my luck for another, right? I *think* I'll be able to walk away a little easier if this one doesn't "take". She also assured me pre-eclampsia is a lot more common in first pregnancies. So, that's encouraging. Onward and upward, eh? I'm excited!