Thursday, March 21, 2013

Guess who's back in town

So I guess for me it only took a couple of nights of night weaning to get ol' Aunt Flo back. Or something resembling Aunt Flo - honestly it kicked in last night and as of right now may already be over. But something is definitely up. I'm waking in the middle of the night drenched in sweat like the old progesterone suppository days, and yesterday I was really blue, like that crazy irrational period-y blue. I've been cramping on and off. And then. And so.

Last night B woke a few times but got back to sleep within a few minutes this time - simply lying him down and patting his belly is all it takes. I'm not getting any better sleep - I'm up for hours upon each waking - but I'm excited to see all that change. I wonder when will be the first time he'll sleep straight through...? I'm giddy just thinking about it. Suffice it to say the sleep training is working. And I'm tempted to say it's good for him - he seems extra smiley during the day. I really believe it's better for both of us.

Everything may be somewhat derailed when this weekend's excitement kicks in; my sister flies in tomorrow, then it's non- stop party prep until his birthday Sunday, then Monday I have a long night out and am leaving him with a sitter he hasn't seen in several months. I have no idea how to handle sleep for him that night when I won't be home until after midnight. It may be a rough back pedal next week to make up for how nuts the next few days will be.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the little birthday hat I made him. I hope to embarrass him with it every year.





3 comments:

  1. Birthday prep - how exciting! Love the hat. Traditions, even if embarrassing, are great for making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the party hat!!! Boo for AF :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Bumpus!!! Personally, I think the hat is adorable and well worth becoming a tradition. :-)

    ReplyDelete