Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's On

Finally got a hold of the venue today to book a spot for the birthday party. As long as we clean up nicely I can even get $25 back, so the rental is only $75 for an entire day! Definitely the best deal in town. Hopefully they don't figure this out any time soon. So with a place and a time I now have enough info to make invites. I figured I'd do a hybrid - I ordered 20 printed invites from Etsy, and I'll just use the design on my Facebook invite. The 20 will go to the people closest to me, or older people not on Facebook. And of course I want one to keep.

My sister and I have linked up on Pinterest to share cake ideas. I think it's going to be pretty great and probably way better/cheaper/more fun than ordering from a bakery. It will be a fun family project even if it comes out wonky (which it probably won't).

In other news, today was just one of those bad vibes sort of days. The sewer thing is turning into a huge mess. Apparently the problem causing the backing up is in the street - but in the section between my house and the city's main line that I'm apparently responsible for. So now this is yet a third section of sewer that I have to fix and maintain - and of course it's not under warranty. They tried to blow it out today but to no avail - they will come back tomorrow probably to tell me they need to tear up the sidewalk, which will probably run thousands and thousands. Just to blow out the line was $1100 so I can only imagine what demolishing the street will run. I can't even think about it; it's too upsetting.

After getting this information I went to a meeting with my new contact person at the hotel and nearly got killed on the freeway. Two cars just zoomed right into my lane, running me literally off the freeway in Inglewood. If I hadn't slammed hard on the brakes I would have been in a major accident. This has only happened to me a couple of times in 20 years of driving. My heart is still pounding a little bit.

Oh, and my registration page isn't working. Sure am glad I'm having a friend check it before going live! Have I mentioned how much I hate computer stuff? My new laptop has been sitting in a box in the corner for a week because I simply cannot stand the idea of learning a new computer's ins and outs and transferring all the programs, etc to the new one. I used to know a guy who did this stuff for me but we're not in contact anymore. I did buy some software that's supposed to switch things over for me - but I know it's going to be problematic. I promised myself I'd wait until after registration is up. I can only handle one stressful computer-related thing at a time.

B's sleep has been good - and he's not biting me as much (knock wood). I was thinking about preschool again - if I start him at 18 months (right after my event), it's $500 a month for two days a week (half days), then six months later it drops to about $350. So I will have to reevaluate after the event to see if I can afford it at eighteen months; I can always wait until he's two or older if not, or just find somewhere cheaper to go. Anyway as of right now I'm in no rush. It's nice having him around.

Here's a comparison of modern mommy vs. vintage mommy:





No comments:

Post a Comment