Saturday, January 19, 2013

First World Problems

So we all agree blogs are places to vent, even when the problems are kind of petty, right? Ok. So here's my list of petty concerns for the week.

Had a crappy sleep night last night. B was just inconsolable so I broke down and fed him twice. Not that this is so terrible, but the way he was before I broke down and fed him concerns me - madly arching his back and screaming and kicking; not his usual middle of the night fuss. I've noticed sometimes during the day now he'll be just fine one minute and then in the blink of an eye screaming and arching his back violently. Someone pointed out this may be teething - but would teething hurt when the teeth are already out? And why wouldn't he be consoled by a teether then? Is it just gas again? I don't know what it is but only nursing seems to calm him, which makes me fearful of the day he's weaned - how am I going to comfort him when nothing else will do? So another night of very little sleep. Since our new sleep schedule I feel just as badly rested as I was when we were up to feed every two hours. Wondering when (or if) I'll ever wake up feeling rested again.

He has also developed this raised red mole under one eye. Google tells me it's just a hemangioma and nothing to worry about, but I'm still worried.

Everyone I've asked about going to Hawaii has ditched out, again. So yet another year with no Hawaii. Can't wait until B is old enough that he and I can go and I don't have to watch him every second! There will be so much freedom when he can travel with me, alone. Oh well, maybe the family can gather in Miami this summer. That'll be kind of like going to Hawaii.

The workmen were here all week, yet the attic space looks no different than it did last week. It's been a week of "mudding" which means it's all prep work. It's just at that frustrating point. Next week I hope they finish - although who knows. It'll be all cabinetry, painting, etc. That will be exciting. But for now it's only bare walls, every day. I didn't even bother taking pictures. And we stretch past the intended finish date (yesterday). Sewer line isn't done, either. Sigh.

Yesterday at my meetup group I was mentioning how I was made an administrator and will be planning some fun stuff for us all to do, because the current admin is moving out of state. Hours after I got home I got a slightly irritated email from the admin telling me to please not tell anyone she's moving because she's a private person...even though at every meet up I've attended she's always spoken freely, and publicly, about this move. Huh? I immediately apologized and said I'd keep my mouth shut from now on...but I'm a little annoyed. How could I have possibly known this was a taboo subject, and why all the need for privacy all of a sudden? Now I feel insecure, like I can't talk about anything without offending someone. I hate it when I feel like I've been chastised for doing something I couldn't have known was wrong - it's like being ticketed for some obscure traffic rule that you and everyone else breaks every day unknowingly. So it's over and we won't speak of it again, but it's really bothering me.

Today I have a birthday party to go to up in Ventura which involves a round of miniature golf. I don't know how I'm going to manage all that standing around, leaning over, etc, with a baby. Obviously strollers are out, so I'll use a carrier, but I know unless we're moving he's going to strain to get out, and it could be kind of a nightmare. Come next year I may not be able to bring him at all :(.

When I get home from this long exhausting day I have to do hours of intensive paperwork that involves math - I have to re-check all the scores from our doomed Hall of Fame celebration back in September, for our meeting tomorrow. It's my own damned fault for putting it off till the last second. But I absolutely have to do it - and I'm dreading it.

I also have to book three trips for the band...that I am not going on.

Ok, in positive news, I'm having a blast planning B's birthday party, my stupid ex who owed me money for 2 1/2 years finally made the last payment unbidden, enthusiasm is gearing up for my event opening Feb 1st, and it's a beautiful day. So, let's let those cares and concerns go and go out and have some fun!

2 comments:

  1. I have a very similar hemangioma on my upper arm (and a couple on my back that I can't see). Except for that fact that it itches sometimes, it hasn't been a big deal. My niece has a larger one on her face (it is heart shaped). It has gotten smaller with age and they can remove it if she wants them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing with your admin would drive me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete