Friday, December 21, 2012

The night before the night before the night before...

Arg!!! Another lengthy post vanishes before publishing!!! Oh well, it was kind of rambling anyway. Here's the condensed version:

Braved the stores today for last minute emergency presents and party food. Big mistake!

Gave the contractor his first check and signed a contract. Work on the attic starts Thursday. So excited I could pee.

It dawned on me that creating that space frees up my bedroom to be finished and also removes all need for the current nursery. So I can completely reconfigure my living room which is exciting, and at last wallpaper & paint my bedroom.

Bumpus is officially graduating from a baby with a nursery to a boy with a room. Even though he won't be sleeping up there for years, for all intents and purposes this will be his Big Boy room. It's kind of exciting. I am planning on stealing some ideas from the Restoration Hardware baby & child catalogue; I love the play teepee and bean bag chairs; also the travel/explorer theme. It's going to be frickin' awesome.

I will for sure take lots of before & after pictures. Right now it's just a raw crawl space with no floor or insulation; it's going to be unrecognizable when it's done. Now I very quickly have to make decisions I usually waste months on - lighting, flooring, paint, window styles. Ahhh!



3 comments:

  1. I love a good renovation! Can't wait to see the befores and afters. It sounds like you're planning a room that your little one will always look back and remember fondly, once he's grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!! & for Bumpus!! Hope it goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! I hope it's the easiest home renovation ever!

    ReplyDelete